Nav Bar

home about link love contact

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Little Mister Birthday Party Edibles

I am not tooting my own horn when I say that the food at the birthday bash was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  Seriously, I take no credit for the great food that came together on that beautiful spring day.

I knew in my heart of hearts that I would be a crazy mess on the day of the party and that the food would be an afterthought.  My wonderful family came to the rescue and went above and beyond in helping me prepare.  They could whip up some amazing food and I was not disappointed in the least:

1.  Fried chicken wings
2.  Spicy Pork Salad
3.  Shrimp in a Basket
4.  Eggrolls
5.  Chicken Curry Puffs
6.  Pasta
7.  Fried Rice
8.  Stuffed Chicken Wings
9.  Pad Thai

Okay, now wipe up that drool off your keyboard (don't deny it).  I heard compliment after compliment about the food.  I should have told everyone to come hungry.

It was at the dessert table that I really brought the colors of the party together complete with birthday cake, cake truffles, carrot cupcakes (for the kiddos), kusintas (a Filipino dessert), and chocolate drizzled marshmallows.  There were also iced cookies that came after these pictures were taken.  


Food photos courtesy of Jennifer at Architette Studios.

Sources:
Cake Truffles and Cupcakes: ~bonbon~
Birthday Cake: Cakes by Cathy Young (210-493-8466)
Cake Plate: Aedriel Originals

And you know that picky eater I was telling you about the other day?  Well, he decided not to be picky any longer and ate and ate and ate.  Maybe it was because Papa was holding him.  What a little stinker.


Up next: Party Details!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh man, the food was definitely more than yum!! I think it was all so indescribable. I loved all of it! :) Great job to the aunties! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...