Nav Bar

home about link love contact

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fiesta! (Part 2)

Whew!  What a whirlwind of a week it's been!  Fiesta is certainly a little different this year with a little one in the mix.  Granted, he wasn't cranky or the least bit fussy, thank goodness.  If anything, I was the one freaking out about getting him home at a decent hour, strangers touching his head (honestly, who DOES that?), and getting his diaper changed.  Generally, though, we all had a really good time.

We went to Night in Old San Antonio (a.k.a. NIOSA) a couple nights during Fiesta and that's where we fought the crowds most.  Luckily I had our trusty Beco Butterfly Carrier and we were good to go.  I didn't have my Nikon with me to take many pictures and I was too focused on making sure Little Mister was doing good (have I mentioned the crowds?) but we did enjoy the company of good friends and good food.  One of my favorites?  The anticuchos!  (Thanks James V. for the link!)

And finally, our next and final event was the King William Parade and Fair set in the heart of the historical King  William District in South San Antonio.  It is a beautiful and eclectic neighborhood and the streets were lined with artisans and food stalls. 





We took a break from the hub bub in front of a friend's house and another friend took this photo of us.  I love it.  I'm often behind the lens and not much a part of the pictures.  I'm glad we have this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...