Nav Bar

home about link love contact

Thursday, July 14, 2011

For the Birds

I had always wanted to attend a class at Spruce in Austin and with luck I was able to this past weekend!  Here are the fruits of my labor and I love how it turned out: 


 I think I might paint the legs a different color, but for now I must say - it's pretty fab.  The fabric was perfect for this application and I have plenty leftover for another project down the line.

My favorite part might be the buttons.  I acquired the orange fabric from one of my classmates to make the buttons and I really think it brought a real pop to the whole piece. 

Here are a few process pictures from the class: 
Thanks to Amanda and Clar who were simply wonderful instructors.  Making something with my hands was so satisfying and I hope to take advantage of the chair upholstery class next!   

Update!  Check out the post about the class on Spruce!

1 comment:

SpruceAustin said...

Fantastic bench! We hope to see you soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...