Nav Bar

home about link love contact

Thursday, May 5, 2011

mmm Banana Bread

The other night I made banana bread for ourselves and the Little Mister.  I had never made it before and I guess I was always just intimidated by the supposed complexity.  I am the first to admit that I'm the farthest thing from a homemaker and cooking (especially baking!) is not my forte.  I want to be better at these sort of things and thankfully, to help me along the way, my good friend Melissa gave me this simple recipe that I would love to share with you.


mmm Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg
1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
1/2 cup uncooked oats


Aaaaand make it!
1.  Pre-Heat Oven: 350 / 50-55 minute bake time
2. Grease the loaf pan. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon.
3. In another bowl combine the egg, bananas, suger cooking oil & lemon peel. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in oats.
4. Pour the batter into previously greased pan. Bake in preheated oven 50-55 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan (you should literally be able to turn the pan over and have the bread dump out). Wrap and store overnight.

So tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...